From this page you can sign up for a First Serve in a variety of Verve volunteer roles. A First Serve gives you the opportunity to test drive a position without any obligation to continue serving there if you don't feel like it is a good fit. You can try a First Serve in as many areas as you want, so go crazy!
If you are willing to serve anywhere, let us know and we will make sure you end up in a volunteer position that you dig.
Time Commitment: Verve Kids volunteers typically serve 2-3 times per month, with serving weeks having a time commitment of about 4 hours.
If you love hanging out with kids, there is no better place to serve than in our children's program! You can serve in the nursery, preschool, or kindergarten thru 5th grade programs (or try all three)! As a children's ministry volunteer you will:
- Care for kids and engage them with simple activities, crafts and stories
- Maintain a safe and fun environment
- Help families feel welcome
Time Commitment: Sunday morning volunteers typically serve 2 times per month, with serving weeks having a time commitment of about 5 hours. Monday night volunteers serve 2-3 times per month, with serving weeks having a time commitment of 3 hours.
Are you tech-savvy? Do you have a knack for learning new things that involve a lot of buttons? Do you thrive under pressure? If your answer to any of these questions is "yes", the Verve Production Team would love to have you! As a Production volunteer you will:
- Help make our weekend services excellent by operating a video projection, sound or lighting system (you can choose your favorite or try all three!)
- Actively participate in weekly sound checks and run-thrus that take place before each service
- Function as part of a dozen-person team that includes the band and other production team members
Time Commitment: Facilities Team volunteers typically serve 3-4 times per month, with serving weeks having a time commitment of about 1.5 hours.
First impressions are important, and most people decide whether or not they are going to come back to a church within two minutes of walking in for the first time. If you want to play a huge role in helping Verve's building look and feel great to everyone who walks through our doors, the Facilities Team is a perfect fit for you! As a member of the Facilities Team you will:
- Keep the floors, windows and bathrooms looking (and smelling!) fresh on a weekly basis
- Occasionally help with small repairs or upgrades
- Keep an eye out for spills, breaks and other mishaps that could pose hazards before and after services
Time Commitment: Frontline Team volunteers typically serve 2-3 times per month, with serving weeks having a time commitment of about 1.5 hours.
Do you love working behind the scenes to create an over-the-top experience for guests? You'd be a great match for the Frontline Team, on which you will:
- Make sure the coffee is hot, fresh and abundant each weekend
- Prepare (and clean up) communion
- Help transport the offering after each service
Time Commitment: Admin Team members serve 3-4 times per month, with serving weeks having a time commitment of 2-3 hours.
Is your attention to detail a force to be reckoned with? Do you love organization and neatness? Are spreadsheets a source of joy for you? You're the person Verve's Admin Team is looking for! You will:
- Help Verve become more organized by filing and arranging paperwork and equipment
- Prepare printed media for distribution
- Crunch numbers and review data
Time Commitment: Host Team volunteers typically serve 2-3 times per month, with serving weeks having a time commitment of about 2 hours.
Are you a people person? Do you love meeting new people and helping them feel at ease? The Host Team has a spot for you! As a Host Team member you will:
- Staff the welcome center before, during and after weekend services
- Help guests feel welcome greeting them with a smile and answering questions
- Follow up with first-time guests during the week
If you want to learn more about what God says about serving in the Bible you might want to listen to these messages we've done at Verve: