We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we continued the series called Making Lemonade and talked about "Persecution". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- If you could pick three famous people to be a part of your entourage, who would you pick?
- Read John 16:33 in the New Testament of the Bible. Does it scare you that Jesus says, you will have trouble as a follower of Him? Why or why not?
- Would you be willing to be persecuted for following Jesus to the point where you lost your family or even your own life? Why or why not?
- Is it hard for you to get out of your comfort zone? Why or why not?
- When was the last time following Jesus produced fear in you?
- Do you believe following Jesus and comfort can coexist? Why or why not?
- What's one step you can take today to get out of your comfort zone?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)