We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we continued the series called Looking Through My Jesus Shades and talked about "Pure in Heart". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What's the grossest mixture of foods you've ever eaten?
- Why do you think being pure in heart would make you happy?
- Read Matthew 6:33 in the New Testament of the Bible. What does seeking first the kingdom look like in your life? Why?
- Have you ever bought something thinking it was flawless only to find out when you took a closer look, it wasn't? How did it make you feel that you spent money on something like that?
- Have you ever felt like you were doing the right things for the wrong reasons? Why or why not?
- Do you struggle with praying sincere prayers? Why or why not?
- What area of your life needs to be more authentic? Why?
- Think about a time when someone was being fake with you. What happened when you found out they weren't genuine? How did it make you feel?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)