We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we continued the series called The Deep Down Dark and talked about "Hold On and Don't Let Go". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What part of elementary school do you wish you could incorporate into adulthood? Why?
- Have you or someone you know been in a natural disaster. If so, tell us about it. If not, how would being in a natural disaster make you feel desperate?
- Read Genesis 32:24 in the Old Testament of the Bible. Are you ever afraid to be completely alone because you may "wrestle with God?" Why or why not?
- Why do you think God chooses to bless Jacob after all he's done?
- How many times do you think you check your phone a day? Do you think you could go a day without your phone? An hour? Why or why not?
- Tell us about a time you or someone you know wrestled with God.
- What do you need to stop running from and hold on and don't let go of God?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)