We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we started the series called The Deep Down Dark and talked about "A Desperate Prayer". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What's the worst thing you ever did as a kid and got away with?
- What's a hard truth you've had to hear about yourself?
- Have you ever thought about the Bible being like a mirror that we look into to find the truth about who we are? Does it make you want to read the Bible more or less? Why?
- When you reach a point of desperation, what's your initial reaction? Why?
- Read Psalm 34:17-18 in the Old Testament of the Bible. Have you ever thought about God being close to the brokenhearted? Why or why not?
- Read 1 Samuel 1:10 in the Old Testament of the Bible. Can you point to a time in your life where you were in such a desperate place, you turned to prayer? Why or why not?
- Do you view surrender as a good thing? Why or why not?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)