SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- Paul spends this chapter talking about "spiritual gifts." What is a spiritual gift? It’s a talent or ability God has given you (and you may have developed), that God can use for the good of his people.
- We learn that God gives different gifts to different people, but all the gifts He gives show us something about him.
- No gift is more important than another.
- All the gifts must be used and work together like the parts of a body, or the church won't function properly and to its full effectiveness.
- People in the church should not compare abilities, or be jealous of another's gifts, or feel independent and like they don't need other people and what they have to offer.
- You have been gifted by God. God has given you abilities for you to use to serve Him and other people. You are supposed to use your gifts in combination with other people in your church so you can be a part of turning the world upside down by God.
- You need to discover your gifts so you can know how to most effectively serve for the biggest impact.
- Where are you serving at Verve? Perhaps you haven't volunteered because you think what you're good at isn't worth much, or like you couldn't make a big impact. But God has gifted you to make a difference! A great first step would be to sign up for a First Serve.
- If you have been serving, are you developing your gifts? God has made you to make an impact, and he wants you to make the biggest impact you can for him. How can you develop the abilities God has given you so you can be even more effective in using them?