We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we continued the series called Saved By God's But and talked about "When Temptation Feels Overwhelming". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What's the grossest food you ever had to eat to be polite?
- Why do you think temptation looks so good in the present?
- Read James 1:14-17 in the New Testament of the Bible. If you reminded yourself of this passage, would it help you avoid giving into temptation. Why or why not?
- What do you have a fear of missing out on? Why?
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:13 in the New Testament of the Bible. How does this verse give you hope when it comes to overcoming a temptation.
- Have you ever realized your temptation isn't unique, but instead common? How does this help knowing others are tempted by the same temptations as you are?
- Temptation will come. How will you react to it moving forward?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)