We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we concluded the series called Phobia Phobia and talked about "How to Not Get Close to God". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- If someone made a movie of your life, what genre would it be? Why?
- Have you ever wanted to get close to someone? Why or why not?
- Have you ever wanted to get close to God? Why or why not?
- Read Mark 9:2-8 in the New Testament of the Bible. Why do you think Peter said, "Let us put up three shelters- one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah"?
- Which of the two theories mentioned about Peter's response do you tend to believe? Theory 1: Let's make three shelters to avoid being close to God or Theory 2: Let's make three shelters to stay in the presence of God. Why do you believe that theory over the other one?
- Read Mark 9:19-29 in the Bible. When have you tried to do something without praying? What was the outcome?
- How do you view prayer? Is it something you do just before meals? Is it something you do only when you need help?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)