SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- Here we see a foreshadowing of what it will be like once Jesus comes.
- There will be dramatic changes ahead, specifically those relating to agriculture, the land will be fertile and fruitful.
- The Israelites will give credit for this change where credit is due, to God.
- God (as Jesus) is coming to save the people.
- Those who once weren't willing to hear from God and were unwilling to see God all around them at work, will have a change of heart and now be open and willing.
- Once Jesus comes things will change. He is coming to save the people.
- There will be dramatic changes in the land as far as agriculture and the people being able to produce crops.
- The people who we continue to see turn their backs on God through the book of Isaiah, will have a change of heart. Now they will be open and willing to have the relationship with God that He has been trying to rekindle with them.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Do you ever feel like the Israelites, who keep turning away from God instead of toward Him? Maybe you feel like God is pursuing you and trying to have a relationship with you even though you may have tried to close the door on Him. God is persistent. It's pretty great to have a God that doesn't give up on us. If you haven't been willing to open the door before, what are some ways you can give that a try? Maybe getting in a Verve Group and talking to others would be a great way to open the door. Maybe spending more time reading the bible. Or getting involved in something in your community to help others around you.