SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- God is angry with his people. They are not seeking him for guidance and counsel but instead turn to Egypt for help.
- The Assyrians will be brought low, just by the sound of God's voice.
- God tells Isaiah to keep a record of all the ways the Israelites are messing things up. This is to serve as a reminder for them in the future. Don't repeat your past mistakes.
- Despite his frustration with the people. God talks to them about the mercy he will show them.
- It must have really broken God's heart that the people he led out of Egypt were turning to Egypt, instead of him, for help and guidance.
- Despite his disappointment with them, God promised mercy, grace, hope and also his favor. That is pretty amazing!
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Do you feel like you’ve messed up too much for God to love you? We’re all imperfect, but God loves us anyway. He gives us his hope and favor because of how good He is, not because of how messed up we feel. Give your past to God and ask Him to show you your next steps.