We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we continued the series called Hope Rising and talked about "Laying It All Down". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What's the ideal dream job for you?
- Read Mark 14:3 in the New Testament of the Bible. What is your initial reaction when you read of the woman breaking the jar and pouring the perfume over Jesus' head?
- Have you ever been down to your "last four quarters" and you decided to give it away? If so, how did it make you feel? If not, do you think you could ever get to the place where you could give it away? Why or why not?
- What prevents you from laying it all down sometimes? Why?
- Do you think you would have done the same thing as Mary and poured the perfume over Jesus' head? Why or why not?
- Do you realize we can't taken anything with us after we die? Does reminding yourself of this help you not hold it so tightly? Why or why not?
- Have you invited anyone to Easter services yet?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)