We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we continued the series called Phobia Phobia and talked about "How to Not Be In Control". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
- When have you felt like you weren't in control?
- Review Jarius' story from Mark chapter 5 verses 21-42 in the Bible. Have you had a time where a delay actually ended up being a positive thing? If so, tell us about it. If not, how would you have reacted if you were Jarius and Jesus stopped to question the woman?
- Have you experienced a time where your prayers weren't answered how you asked them to be? If so, tell us about it. If not, does it help knowing God answers your prayers based on what's best for you? Why or why not?
- Does the story of Jarius' daughter help you with your faith? Why or why not?
- Have you been trying to hurry Jesus with something in your life? Why or why not?
- What makes letting go of control so hard for you?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)