We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we started a new series called Phobia Phobia and talked about "How Not to Drown". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What's the biggest storm (actual storm or figurative storm) you've ever been in?
- Have you experienced a time where you were fearful and Jesus took your fear away? If so, tell us about it. If not, how does that make you feel knowing Jesus can take away your fears?
- Read Mark 4:35-38 in the Bible. How would you have reacted to the storm if you were one of the disciples in the boat at this time? Why?
- Read verses 39-41 in Mark chapter 4. How does that make you feel that even the wind and waves obey Jesus? Why?
- Have you witnessed Jesus calming a storm in your life? If so, tell us about it. If not, does it comfort you to hear stories of people who have gone through storms and seen Jesus calm them? Why or why not?
- Do you view a storm as an absence of God's presence? Why or why not?
- Have you ever asked God to give you more faith? Why or why not?
- How does remembering what Jesus did on the cross help you when dealing with a storm in your life?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)