We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we continued the series called That's Gonna Leave a Mark and talked about "The Really Real Jesus". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Do you watch reality tv shows? Why or why not?
- Read Isaiah 29:13 in the Old Testament of the Bible. In your life, what are some ways you honor God with your lips but not with your heart?
- When have you settled for the fake version of something instead of the real thing? Did you like the fake version better than the real thing? Why or why not?
- Read Mark 2:1-5 & verses 10-12 in the Bible. Now read Mark 2:6-7. Which reaction would you have to Jesus healing the paralytic man? Why?
- Why do you go to church, read your Bible, and have Christian friends?
- Are you content with religion and going through the motions? Why or why not?
- Have you seen God for who He really is? If so, how has it changed your life? If not, what's holding you back?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)