We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we continued the series called That's Gonna Leave a Mark and talked about "Invitation". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Have you ever gotten a strange invitation to something? If so, tell us about it. If not, what's something you wish you would get an invitation to?
- Read Mark 1:14-20 in the Bible. Could you immediately go and leave behind whatever you were doing if you were given an invitation like Jesus gave these four guys? Why or why not?
- When Jesus asks us to come follow him, what is he asking you, personally, to give up and become part of?
- In the Bible in Luke 14:33, it says, "So you cannot become my disciple without giving up everything you own." Are you willing to give up everything to be a disciple of Jesus? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Jesus told similar stories in Matthew 13:44 and Matthew 13:45-46?
- When in your life were you willing to give up everything in order to get something?
- What's something in your life that is hard for you to be willing to give up if God asked you to? What makes it hard to give up control?
- How do you help hurting people in your life?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)