SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- The theme of Isaiah 12 is thanks and praise to God. A theme for much of the book of Isaiah is Trust in God for salvation, not in foreign alliances.
- Even though the Babylonians worshiped their own Gods, they are not beyond the scope of God's law or the consequences for disobedience and disbelief.
- It's important to God that we live in a state of trust with him and that we are dependent on him alone for our salvation.
- No one escapes the notice of God. This might seem intimidating if you think God is looking to punish you, but it is actually freeing because it means he always has our back.
- A great reminder, especially in our modern times with so much to distract our focus, is that dependence on God as well as a thankful attitude toward him should be something we set as a priority in our busy days. Try making the first thing you do each day a prayer of thanks. Maybe keep a gratitude journal every day to keep track of each thing you are grateful for, however small it may seem. Or try ending your night with words of thanks to God for getting you through the day.
- Turn off your phone for a set amount of time each day, and spend that time talking to God.
- If you’re a follower of Jesus, how can you live differently knowing God is always with you? Maybe there’s a tough conversation you need to have, or a bad habit you need to break. Give it to God today and ask for his help.