This week we continued the series called Death to Selfie and talked about "Death to Control". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Are you done with your Christmas shopping? Did you participate in Black Friday? Why or why not?
- Read John 12:23-26 in the Bible. Why do you think the Bible says, "the man who loves his life will lose it"?
- Why do you think Jesus teaches us, life follows death and not the other way around?
- In what ways do you die to yourself daily?
- Which one is the hardest for you to die to; selfish desires, sin or control? Why?
- Have you had a time in your life where God was telling you to move but didn't tell you where just like he did in Genesis 12:1-4 with Abram? Tell us about it.
- Share a time in your life when you gave up control whether it was giving up control to God or a friend, co-worker, or family member. Was it hard to give up control? Why or why not?
- What's the hardest thing to allow God to have control of in your life?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)