This week, we continued the series called Death to Selfie and talked about "Death For Others". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What's your favorite Christmas cookie or food?
- Do you care about what other's think of your car? What about your house? How your kids behave? What's something you know you care too much about what others think?
- Tell us about a time you realized you were trying to win the approval of others.
- Have you ever felt the freedom that comes from only living for God and not the approval of others? If so, tell us about it. If not, what's an area you can stop striving for the approval of others?
- Why do you think we can't really love people when we're focused on ourselves?
- Read, in the Bible, John 15:13 and 1 John 3:16. How can you lay down your life for a friend this week?
- When you look at people, is it usually to evaluate (leading to judgement) or to love (leading to compassion)?
- Read Matthew 26:28, John 10:14-15 or Isaiah 53:5-7 for examples of an exchange. What's something in your life that you need to make an exchange to show love to someone?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)