SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- Verse 2 tells us that "Desire without knowledge is not good." In other words, we shouldn't just want something -- we should know what it takes to achieve it.
- There are a few verses that talk about how lazy people will suffer in life.
- Verses 13 and 18 are sobering reminders to be a good father and husband. Men have more to do with how well their home life is than most are willing to accept. God calls men to step up to lead and love their families the way they deserve.
- Verse 17 reminds us that God has a heart for the poor. He remembers the people society forgets.
- This chapter emphasizes action. Anybody can want to do good, but that doesn't always translate to reality.
- We should be committed to learning more about God so that we can take steps to grow closer to him, and to show his love to others.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Reading the Bible regularly is a great way to learn more about God. Ask him to show you what actions you need to take because of what you have been learning.
- Every Tuesday at noon, a group of Ververs meets at the church to assemble lunches for the homeless of downtown Las Vegas. Then they drive downtown and hand deliver the meals. You're invited to show up to be part of this ministry. It is a great opportunity to put your faith into action, and to share God's heart for the overlooked.