SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- This chapter starts with a truth we can all relate to. If you’ve ever had a family argument over the Thanksgiving dinner table, you know exactly what verse 1 is talking about.
- Verses 9 and 14 show us to forgive each other promptly in order to promote love and keep relationships strong.
- Verse 12 is a great picture of how important it is to wisely choose the people we surround ourselves with.
- The last verse reminds us to think before we speak.
- Many of the verses in this chapter apply to our relationships with other people, and keeping those relationships healthy and God-focused. We need to make sure the people closest to us are moving us forward in our spiritual journey, and to make sure we are not damaging those relationships with the way we treat other people.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Is there a relationship that is dragging you down and pulling you away from the steps you need to take to grow closer to God? Spend less time in that relationship and more time talking to God.
- One easy way to find a healthy group of people to surround yourself with is by joining a Verve Group. If you're not in a Group, join one today!