This week we started a new series called Stranger Things and talked about "The EL". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Have you watched Stranger Things? If so, what do you like about it? If not, what's a TV show you enjoy watching?
- The Bible tells us that Jesus was God, had always existed as God, but chose to come and live as a human: Philippians 2:6-7 "Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being."
- If someone asked you, how would you explain why Jesus was willing to become human?
- What part of this verse, and of God becoming human, is hardest for you to comprehend?
- Jesus is extremely troubled by having to go to the cross, probably less because of the physical pain he would endure and much more because of having to take on all the sins of the world.
- When is a time you were troubled by something you had to do?
- Jesus' conclusion is, "not my will, but yours be done." Why is it difficult to pray for God's will, instead of praying for what we want?
- Is there a weakness you have, that you are having a hard time believing Jesus understands? If so, what is that weakness?
- What do you need to come boldly to the throne about?