We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we started a new series called Should Happens and talked about "I Should On God". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What is something you've wanted in life, maybe even prayed for, but haven't gotten? How did it make you feel?
- This week we learned how we can should on God, we expect that he should do certain things, but ... he doesn't. God tells us, in the Bible, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways... As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my way higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).
- Why do you think God thoughts and ways are different from ours?
- God having a different plan than ours' can be frustrating, but why might it actually be a good thing?
- What do you think allowed Joseph to have a trust in God, when it would have been so easy to be angry at God and assume God was not involved in his life at all?
- When have you had the circumstances of your life all seem to go wrong?
- When everything went wrong, what was your attitude towards God?
- The next time everything goes wrong, what would help you to trust God?
- God has a plan for your life. What might keep you from trusting that God knows what he's doing, and is involved in what's happening in your life?
- How can other people, like our group, help you to trust God more?