We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we started a new series called #VegasStrong and talked about "Feeling Hopeless, But Finding Hope". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Vince talked this week about a famous painting of a game of chess. What is your favorite game to play?
- The painting is called "Checkmate" because one player seems to have no moves left. When have you felt like you were in checkmate in your life?
- What do you do when you feel like you're in checkmate? What's your response?
- Jesus said, in John 11:25, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying."
- Do you believe him, or not? Why, or why not?
- Jesus asks us to put our hope in him, but it's easy to put our hope in other things. What is something, or someone, you tend to put your hope in?
- Ephesians 1:19-20, "I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him. This is the same nightly power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms."
- Do you pray for others who don't believe, that they'll come to believe in God and his power? Why or why not?
- When did you come to believe in Jesus? If you haven't, what's holding you back?
- Have you been baptized? If so, when?
- If not, are you ready to take that step? Why or why not?