SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- Here are some of the quick hits from today's reading:
- Let love and faithfulness never leave you.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
- Even if something doesn't make sense, trust God.
- Honor the Lord with your wealth... then your barns will be full.
- If we honor God with our finances, He will honor us.
- Do not despise the Lord’s discipline.
- Sometimes, God allows us to experience crappy situations because we bring them on ourselves, or because He wants us to learn from them.
- The main thing I want to point out is all the great benefits of wisdom and seeking God for it. With all the pros why are we so stubborn sometimes? Where are you being stubborn today? What should you be giving to God and asking for his help with? What steps will you take to start letting go of some of the control on your life so you can learn to live freely to love God and love others?
- Notice that God never promises us a life free from pain. But he always says that if we love him and love others he will provide for us.
- A huge barrier to the wisdom God wants for us is our own stubbornness. We don't want to give up our ways of doing things, we don't want to give our finances, and we don't want to sacrifice our comfort. But all of those are essential components of living a full life with God.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Where in your life are you being stubborn toward God?
- Do you need to be more generous with your finances?
- Do you need to accept a sucky situation as God's way of growing you closer to Him?
- Do you need to trust God in something you don't want to trust Him?