SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- In today’s reading, the writer gives us clear steps to finding God’s wisdom in any area of our life:
- Believe and value his words (verse 1)
- Listen and apply wisdom (verse 2)
- Ask for wisdom (verse 3)
- Search hard for it (verse 4)
- The rest of Proverbs 2 tells us that God freely gives his wisdom and understanding to those of us who will search for Him. Check out what all it says we can gain by seeking God and gaining His wisdom:
- We will understand every good path (verses 9-11);
- It saves us from trusting evil people (verses 12-15) and keeps us from giving into things that will destroy our lives (verses 16-19);
- And, ultimately, God’s wisdom helps us to live a good and healthy life (verses 20-22).
- We should earnestly seek God. As we seek Him, we will begin to see situations the way He sees them, with the perspective of eternity and within the context of God's grace.
- Without being intentional about seeking God, we can't expect to reap any of these benefits.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- How earnestly are you seeking God? Are you setting aside each day to talk to Him and tell Him how you're really feeling? Are you asking Him to show you new things about Himself and about yourself? If not, take time right now to do that. It's the first step to finding God's wisdom.