This week we continued a series called Better and talked about "Better One Hand Than Two". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What is something in your life that you've always wanted more of? Why did you want more of it? What did you think getting more would do for you?
- The Bible says, "Better one handful with tranquility than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind."
- Tranquility means peace. Can you think of a time in your life when you had less, but you were happy and had peace? When was it?
- Toil is hard work, and "chasing after the wind" is going after something you will never be able to really get. Can you think of a time in your life when you were trying for more, and it led to toil and felt like a chasing after the wind? When was it?
- How might living a "one handful" life allow you to better love and serve other people?
- Why do you think it's so easy to fall into the grip of greed and believe life IS measured by how much you own?
- How can trying to be rich take away from having "a rich relationship with God"?
- How could you personally focus less on having more, and more on having a rich relationship with God? What would that life look like for you? What is one change you could make this week to move towards that kind of better life?