SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- Elihu is an interesting guy. There are several things he doesn’t understand about God, and many that he does.
- Elihu implores Job to stop and listen to God. This is maybe the best advice any of Job’s friends had given him.
- When we are in the middle of pain, taking time out to stop and just listen to God always has a way of re-centering us on what is important.
- A great way to do this is by taking intentional time to be still, to sit in silence for a few minutes and listen to what God wants to tell you.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Starting right now, set aside 3-5 minutes each day to sit in silence and ask God to speak to you. It may feel uncomfortable the first few times you do it, but the more regularly you carve out time to listen to God, the easier it is to hear what he has to say.