SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- This chapter is continuation of Elihu speaking.
- Elihu is still convinced he needs to defend God against Job’s comments.
- He continues his line of thought that God rewards the people who live right, and only those who “sin” suffer in life.
- Elihu goes on to tell Job to turn from evil and embrace God.
- The truth is that it’s because Job was right before God that Satan wanted to test him. If Job had been “normal,” Satan wouldn’t have presented Job to God as a candidate for his “testing.”
- If we follow Jesus, Satan will try to put obstacles in our way to drive a wedge between us and God. We need to be diligent in maintaining our relationship with God even -- and especially -- in the face of situations that feel like opposition.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Are you going through a hardship or experiencing a temptation that may push you away from God? Commit today to stay close to God through reading the Bible and praying, no matter the circumstances you find yourself in.