SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- Job begins this chapter by taking about how there are things in life we don’t understand. In Job's time, for example, they didn't fully know where precious metals or stones came from.
- Job goes on to say that nothing is more valuable than wisdom.
- Finally, Job explains that only God knows the way of wisdom.
- Take a moment and think about what you feel is most valuable. What is it? Is it God? Following Jesus? If not then you should take some time and get alone with God and ask him to help you make him the most important thing in your life. There’s something special about being alone with God and choosing not to move until you “meet” him.
- Wisdom is one of the most valuable things we can pursue. And God is wisdom. And God tells us the fear of the Lord is wisdom.
- Too often in life we think things that aren’t valuable are. The truth is following God is the thing that matters most in life. When we make God the priority he should be, the rest of our life falls into place.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- What in your life is most valuable? If it's something other than Jesus, what can you do to elevate his priority in your life? Remove yourself from a harmful relationship? Spend more time reading the Bible? Begin to give financially to God through your church? Make time to volunteer? Take time right now to ask God what changes he wants you to make to focus more on him.