This week we continued our series called Ghost Stories and talked about "His Purity - To Help Us Be Holy". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Who's is someone you would be pretty intimidated to meet in person? Why?
- In the Bible, when people met God they were intimidated. For instance:
- "Woe to me! I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty" (Isaiah 6:5).
- "At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God" (Exodus 3:6).
- The reason people are afraid when the see God is because God is holy. God's holiness means he is perfect and set apart.
- Why do you think that leads to fear in people who meet him?
- That is, obviously, a problem. And that's why Jesus came and died for us. His death takes away our sin, so we can be with God and have a relationship with Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21, "For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ."
- How does it make you feel realizing that it is only through Jesus' death that you can overcome your separation from God and have a relationship with him?
- Why do you think it's so important for people who love God and claim Jesus to live holy lives?
What makes it hard to live a holy life?