This week we continued our series called Disappointment With God and talked about "Is God Unfair". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What in your life have you had to learn? Like what is something you didn't know how to do, but you went through a learning process to understand, so you could do something you couldn't do before?
- When it comes to temptation, we need to understand how temptation works, and learn how to overcome it. That's what we talked about in this week's Cat In The Hat sermon.
- One thing to understand about temptation is that temptations are often lies, and they come from a liar. Jesus said about Satan, "there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
- How might your approach to temptation change if you focused on the fact that you have a spiritual enemy, and the temptation is a deception sent from him, intended to destroy your relationship with God and your life?
- Since it's so easy to make the wrong choice, what are some of the things you can do to help you see the truth and not be deceived so you don't fall to temptation?
- What are some of the ways we can connect with God and access His power prior to our being tempted, and in the moment of temptation?