SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- The Israelites have been reacquainted with the laws of God and it has led the to repent and confess their sins and then worship God.
- The priests (known as the Levites) led the people in worship. We have recorded for us one of their worship songs.
- Elements of the song include recognizing God's creative handiwork, God's deliverance, God's leading, and God's providence.
- When we come to grips with the nature of God, it will always lead us to repentance. Check out Isaiah chapter 6 for another story regarding this idea.
- God sometimes calls those with the talent and heart to do so, to help us worship God.
- When we worship God, it's common to worship him for many aspects of who he is and what he has done.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- When you come to face to face with the Eternal God, it is difficult not to focus on the ways we fall short. So confess them and God tells us he will forgive them (1 John 1:9)
- God loves it when we worship him. Make a regular habit of gathering with his people to do this. At Verve, we try to make this as convenient for you as possible with three services on Sunday morning and one on Monday night.