This week we continued our series called I Want A Movie Life and talked about "Captain America" If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Who is your all-time favorite super hero? Why?
- What are examples of things you wish you could do, but don't feel like you have enough power? (It might be a new habit you want to start, or a behavior you want to stop, or something good you'd like to do for the world, or ... anything.)
- Read Acts 1:8
- The Holy Spirit is God's presence come to live inside of people who put their faith in Him and invite Him into their lives. We learn from Jesus (here in Acts 1:8 and elsewhere) that "being strong isn't about my power, it's about higher power."
- What do you think it would look like for you to rely on God's power instead of your own power? What would need to change? How might your life look different?
- Would you say you struggle more with being a goody two shoes - with separating yourself and not really getting involved with real people and their real life situations OR with not being good news - so you're involved with real people, but you're not really different from them, so you're not really sharing Jesus with them through your example or your words?
- How could you do better with this moving into 2017?
- How have you seen Christians divide over small, insignificant issues?
- How could you experience more unity with people in your group and church?