This week we continued our series called Grace > and talked about "Grace > Circumstances" If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What is something you find easy to complain about.
- The Bible says, in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
- Notice it doesn't say to give thanks FOR all circumstances, but IN all circumstances. It would be ridiculous to give thanks FOR ... cancer, or unemployment, or a divorce. But we can be thankful to God even in those circumstances.
- What do you think it is about God and His grace that allows us to be thankful no matter what circumstances we're facing?
- Have you ever known someone who seemed to be able to be thankful in all circumstances? Who was it? Did his or her life seem attractive to you?
- How does it make you feel to think of your complaining in that way?
- How could you stop complaining and start being more thankful?