This week we continued our series called A Big Fish Tale and talked about "Bullhorn" If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- When have you encountered someone who was obnoxious about what he or she believed? What was it about? How did it impact you?
- In Jonah, chapter 4 (which the message at Verve was based on this weekend) we see that Jonah cares a lot about himself, but not at all about the Ninevites. Why do you think it's so easy for us to not care about others, or to see the worst in others?
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
- In these verses, the Bible says that no matter what we do in life, no matter how amazing our accomplishments, if we don't have love (for God and people) what we've done is worthless.
- It seems that Jonah enjoyed telling the Ninevites bad news. In the message, Vince asked if we're like Jonah in that way. Here are some signs that you might be:
- You have a "turn or burn" attitude about non-Christians.
- You enjoy being the bearer of bad news.
- You judge others as being worse sinners than you.
- You enjoy seeing someone else get a speeding ticket, or hearing about a rich person who went bankrupt.