SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- Paul begins this chapter with a reminder of the basics of Christianity. He gives them four key points:
- Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.
- He was buried
- He was raised on the third day.
- He appeared to Peter, to the twelve disciples, to more than five hundred disciples at the same time, to James, to all the apostles, and, last of all, to Paul.
SO WHAT? (What are the underlying principles?)
- The resurrection of Jesus is key to the Christian faith. And because Jesus rose from the dead, his followers can be confident that their sins are forgiven and that they will have life with God after death.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Have you ever studied the evidence for the resurrection so you can have a confident faith? If not, there is a ton of evidence you can study! We did a series at Verve (called Verdict) that you can watch online. There are also a bunch of great books you can read like The Case For Easter, Reason For God, and More Than A Carpenter.