SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- We read about the first group of people mentioned (verses 1-9) in the Bible books of 1 and 2 Samuel.
- We read about Solomon's descendants listed in verses 10-14 in 2 Kings (which we just did in our reading plan) and in 2 Chronicles (which is coming soon).
- Have you ever felt like you weren't significant enough to really matter to God? Like maybe God is concerned about nations, and wars, and global issues, but not about little you? This (now three chapter) long record of names of individuals (not of nations) shows that God is very interested in individual people (like you). Your life matters to God.
- What does it mean to you that you matter to God? Think about how you think of yourself. Think about how you present yourself to others. Think about how you view your life and its purpose on this earth. Does all of that reflect that you matter to God? Does your thinking need to change to better reflect that your life matters and is important to God?
- Why don't you spend some time praying about that?