This week we had a new series called The Cost Of Not and talked about "The Cost Of Not Following" If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What is something that has cost you a lot? What did it cost you? Do you feel like it was worth it?
- Jesus said, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:29-30).
- If what Jesus said is true, what is the cost of not following Him, of not "taking His yoke" upon us?
- Have you ever experienced that cost of not following Jesus? In what way?
- Most people would probably say that it is a burden to have to live by God's commands. Why do you think that's true?
- In what way do you think living by God's commands actually lightens our burden?
- Of those four phases, where would you say you are right now?
- What is a practical step you can take to move towards or into the next phase?