SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- Paul spends this chapter talking about "spiritual gifts." What is a spiritual gift? It’s a talent or ability God has given you (and you may have developed), that God can use for the good of his people.
- We learn that God gifts are different from person to person, but all the gifts He gives show us something about God.
- No gift is more important than another.
- All the gifts must be used and work together like the parts of a body, or the church won't function properly and to its full effectiveness.
- People should not compare abilities, or be jealous of another's gifts, or feel independent and like they don't need other people and what they have to offer.
SO WHAT? (What are the underlying principles?)
- You have been gifted by God. God has given you abilities for you to use to serve Him and other people. You are supposed to use your gifts in combination with other people in your church so you can be a part of turning the upside down by God.
- You need to discover your gifts so you can know how to most effectively serve for the biggest impact.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Where are you serving at Verve? Perhaps you haven't volunteered because you think what you're good at isn't worth much, or like you couldn't make a big impact. But God has gifted you to make a difference. A great first step would be to sign up for a First Serve.