This week we continued our series called Five Easy Ways To Wreck Your Life and talked about "Be God" If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Some people would argue that our desire to be God, to take control away from God and replace Him as the center of things and the one in charge of our own lives, is our central problem. Would you agree or disagree? Why?
- Read Ecclesiastes 12:1-7
- Solomon (the author) is obviously very concerned that people remember God. What do you think makes it so easy to forget God?
- When Solomon says "remember" he's not just saying to not forget God. He's encouraging us to make Him the center of our lives, the one who leads and guides us.
- When have you really lived that way? What impact did it have on your life?
- When have you not lived that way? What impact did that have on your life?
- The Bible says we are often self-deceived. Why do you think it's easy to be self-deceived?
- We live in a country that celebrates self-reliance. How can we break our independence to become more reliant on God?
- Why do you think self-deception + self-reliance can easily equal self-destruction?