This week we started a new series called Five Easy Ways To Wreck Your Life and talked about "Let Pleasure Drive You" If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What is something you've learned the hard way?
- In our new series we're looking at the journal of King Solomon from the Old Testament of the Bible. God told Solomon he would give him any one thing he wanted. If God gave you that, what would you ask for?
- Solomon asked for wisdom. Why do you think that was, or wasn't, a good choice?
- Solomon starts his journal (in Ecclesiastes 1:1-2) by proclaiming that, "Everything is meaningless!" Have you ever felt that way? Why?
- The reason Solomon thought everything was meaningless is because, despite having wisdom, he drifted away from his commitment to and relationship with God. That left an emptiness inside him that he tried to fill with other things, but nothing worked. It left him depressed and feeling like everything was meaningless. Have you ever been so far from God that it seemed like nothing was right in life?
- Solomon looked to fill the emptiness inside him with pleasure, and we often do the same. Vince said one sign that you may be looking to pleasure to give you purpose and fulfillment in life is if you think, "If only..." If you feel like if circumstances change, then you'll be happy... Is that you?
- Vince said, "Happy people don't chase after happiness. They chase after God and happiness catches them." What would need to change in your life for you to be someone who is truly chasing God, not happiness?
- Accountability Question: Have have you allowed God to love you just the way you are, and how have you allowed Him to show you where He loves you too much to leave you that way?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)