This week we started a new series called You Say Church, I Say _____ and talked about "Hospital" If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Have you ever been rushed to the hospital? What for? What happened?!
- We learned in the message that the word hospital comes from hospitality, and the word hospitality literally means "loving strangers." Why should Jesus' followers be especially good at loving strangers?
- What is a way you could do better at loving strangers?
- People were drawn to Jesus because of His compassion. Would you say you're known for compassion? How could you become more compassionate?
- Read Luke 17:11-19
- At the time, lepers were despised AND Samaritans were hated by Jews. Despite this, Jesus loves these lepers, including one who was a Samaritan. Why do you think Jesus was always willing to love people regardless of what was expected or what others might think?
- How can Jesus' followers do a better job of loving those who aren't supposed to be lovable?
- Accountability Question: How have you passionately pursued opportunities to ambush a few people with God’s love?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)