This week we began a new series $toryteller and talked about "The Story Of A Wealthy No Brain." If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- When you hear the word “greed”, what comes to mind?
- Read Luke 12:13-21
- Jesus said to “guard against greed.” How would you define greed?
- How do you think Jesus would define greed?
- Why do you think greed is such a pervasive problem in our culture?
- In the message we learned that greedy people are more egotistical and lonely, have less meaning and purpose in their lives, and are more weighed down by anxiety. Do you see any of that in your life? Do you think it might be because you’re too focused on money? Why or why not?
- The Bible says in 1 Timothy 6:17, "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.” We don’t think of ourselves as rich, because we compare ourselves to people who have more than us. But God looks at the whole world and from that vantage point, even the poorest people in America are amongst the richest people in the world. So … what would it look like for you to not put your hope in wealth, but instead in God? How would your life be different if you really did that?
- Accountability Question: How have you passionately pursued opportunities to ambush a few people with God’s love?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)