This week we concluded our series, Ancient/Future Spirituality, and we talked about "Worship & The Arts " If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What's your favorite forms of art? Paintings? Movies? Music? Poetry? Dance? What about it appeals to you?
- What did you think of Verve's service this week? How did experiencing the different types of art impact you?
- When Steve Jobs was on his deathbed, the famous cellist Yo-Yo Ma visited and played Bach for him. Jobs teared up and said, "Your playing is the best argument I've heard for the existence of God, because I don't believe a human alone can do this."
- Why do you think the arts can have such a powerful effect on people?
- When have you had art (a song, a painting, a movie) impact you in a profound way? What happened?
- If your answer is, "None" or "I don't", do you feel like that's something missing in your life? How might you start doing this in some small way?
- How does it feel to know that you are God's greatest work of art?
- How should knowing that change your life?