This week we began a new series Summer By The Lake and talked about "Follow The Leader" If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What is one of your best, or worst, memories around water? Whether a pool, the ocean, or a lake, what is a big memory you have with being in or around water?
- Read Matthew 4:18-19
- What do you think Jesus meant when He said, "Follow me"?
- Vince said part of what it means to follow Jesus is to center your life on Him. What do you think would need to change in your life for you to be able to truly say that your life is centered on Jesus?
- Another aspect of following Jesus is that we make our identity in Him become our primary identity. How do you think it would impact your life if you thought of yourself first and foremost as a follower of Jesus?
- Another part of following Jesus is that we stop making our decisions and give God leadership in our lives. How could you do that? What would be the process you could use to give God leadership in your decision making?
- Jesus called the guys to follow Him and to "fish for people." Why do you think it's true that someone can't really follow Jesus without also trying to help other people follow Jesus?
- Accountability Question: Who have you invited to church this week?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)