SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- Chapter 34 tells of Moses’ death and succession of Joshua as Israel’s new leader.
- Before taking Moses’ torch of leadership, Joshua had been intentionally mentored by Moses as his apprentice.
SO WHAT? (What are the underlying principles?)
- All of God’s people are responsible for living as Jesus’ hands and feet (John 14:12 also talks about this.). We have been entrusted with carrying on the work of the church – to love God and love people.
- God’s people are responsible for raising up the next generation of Kingdom workers. We are to regularly mentor and disciple others.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- How have you displayed the love of Jesus to others this week?
- What would others say about your devotion to God?
- Who are you pouring your life into for the sake of Jesus? How can you pass your spiritual torch in a meaningful way?