Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we were in our series Drop the F-Bomb and talked about "Why Again?!" If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What is one of the best examples of forgiveness you've ever seen (either in history, or in your personal life)?
- Read Romans 12:17-21
- Read Luke 6:27-36
- Last week we saw that the primary reasons we need to forgive is because God tells us to, and because it will set us free. But here we learn another lesson - because it might change the life, and eternity, of the person who has wronged us.
- What makes it difficult to want to do good for someone who has wronged us?
- There are a lot of factors that can help a person want to forgive and do good to someone who has wronged them. Let's consider some and, for each one, talk about how it might help a person, or, more specifically, how it could help you to forgive someone you're bitter towards…
- Realizing that justice is God's responsibility - he's the one who pays back wrongs if it's necessary.
- Realizing that the person is just a flawed human being, not a monster.
- Realizing that the stakes are higher than our emotions - that the other person has a life and an eternity in front of them, and we could make a positive difference in it.
- Realizing that we have wronged God, but he chose to forgave us.
- Realizing that in a world where evil so often seems to rule the day, I can actually choose to let love win.