Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we were in our series The Left Out Right Arm and talked about "Out Of The Stands." If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Has there ever been something someone else was so excited about it made you want to check it out? Maybe a TV show, or band, or movie, or restaurant?
- Read Matthew 9:36-38
- Jesus had compassion on people who were like "sheep without a shepherd" (people who didn't have their Heavenly Father in their lives). How do you typically view people who don't really believe in or have Jesus in their lives?
- We want to be more like Jesus, so we need to have our heart's broken when we realize that a person doesn't have Jesus, and we need to do something about that. In fact, Jesus said that once we start following him, the mission of our lives is to help other people get excited about truly believing in and following him. On a scale of 1 to 10 how committed would you honestly say you are to that mission?
- What are the excuses you might make for not telling your friends about Jesus or inviting them to church?
- Jesus promised that he would be with us as we engage in this mission of letting people know of God's love and offer of relationship through Jesus. How should the promise of God's presence with us and help for us remove our excuses?
- We see in the Bible that there's no one right way to tell people about Jesus. What is a way of telling people that you have found effective, or that you imagine would be effective?
- In the message, Vince talked about how it's often powerful to share your own story of what you were before coming to faith in Jesus, how you came to faith, and what impact Jesus has had on your life. If you were to share your story, what would be some of the key things you would tell someone.
- Accountability Question: How have you passionately pursued meaningful time with God this week?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)