Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we were in our series Drop the F-Bomb and talked about "How?!" If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Looking back at your life, what's something you needed to do, but couldn't do on your own, and got help from someone to do it?
- Ephesians 4:31 begins, "Get rid of all bitterness." That makes it sound so easy to forgive, but it's often not. Perhaps the reason it's stated so directly is because it's so necessary to forgive. Vince made the point that if we found out we had cancer, we wouldn't talk about how we got it, we would just do whatever we had to to get rid of it. If forgiveness is like a cancer to our soul, why don't we just "get rid of all bitterness"?
- Ephesians 4:32 says, "… forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." The key elements in our being able to forgive others is understanding that God has offered to forgive your sins, and actually accepting his forgiveness. Where are you at with understanding and accepting God's forgiveness?
- Read Matthew 18:21-35
- How did the man feel about forgiveness when he was in need of the king forgiving the debt he owed?
- How did the man feel about forgiveness when someone owed him a debt?
- Why, when we've done wrong we want and expect forgiveness, but when we hold a grudge against someone, is it so easy to put ourselves in the role of judge?
- What would help you to go through life truly living as a forgiven person who offers that same forgiveness to others?
- Accountability Question: How have you passionately pursued meaningful time with God this week?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)