Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we were in our series The Left Out Right Arm and talked about "Dating the Church." If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What gift card(s) do you have in your wallet or purse right now? What is a gift card that you never redeemed because you forgot you had it?
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:27.
- Jeff explained that when you identify your life with Jesus, you join your life with the people of Jesus, the church. What fears, if any, do you have about committing to a local church?
- What are some practical ways you commit to a church?
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:7. Jeff shared a paraphrase of this verse that says, “Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits.” One of the ways we commit to our church is by serving with our church.
- What is a spiritual gift — a special ability or talent — that God has given you to use within the church?
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-22.
- How have you benefited from other Christians using their spiritual gifts to serve?
- How have others (or how could others) benefit from you using your spiritual gift in service?
- How would you like to see God use you to help turn the world upside down?
- Accountability Question: How have you been inviting God into all your decisions?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)